Before investing in a coffee maker, coffee enthusiasts often want to know whether the coffeemaker is a worthy investment.
In the case of Zojirushi EC-DAC50, I can confidently say that it is one of the most incredible brands available in the market.
It features temperature precision and high-end engineering that eliminate possible challenges like coffee leaks.
Below is a Zojirushi EC-DAC50 review that seeks to discuss its specifications, unique features, and how it compares to the competing brands.
The review will help coffee lovers decide whether the coffeemaker is a worthy investment.
Zojirushi EC-DAC50 Review - AT A GLANCE
- Automatic keep warm- This feature ensures that your coffee stays hot 1 hour after brewing has stopped.
- Sight gauge- This transparent window allows you to see the water level as you prepare to brew.
EC-DAC50 coffeemaker has most of its parts made of plastic. This may be a drawback to users looking for a more luxurious style of their appliances.
Nonetheless, it features a fantastic design that gives it a modern look. One could say that it is aesthetically pleasing since its design is compatible with most kitchen spaces.
The coffeemaker is also compact, which means it will not take much space on your counter. Zojirushi EC-DAC50 gives its users a high performance, which makes it worth its price.
It also comes with flow controls that ensure no spills occur as you pour the coffee. This is further complemented by the brew-thru lids. The opening on the lid is star-shaped, which allows it to distribute the hot water evenly over the ground coffee for brewing efficiency. This ensures grind saturation is attained giving you luscious 5 cups of coffee.
You can rely on the safety actuators of this coffeemaker for convenience.
The features above allow Zojirushi EC-DAC50 to be incomparable to some expensive and big coffeemakers in the market.
DIMENSIONS AND SPECS
This durable coffeemaker is constructed in dimensions of 6x9x11 inches and weighs about 9 pounds. This size is convenient for storage, portability, and countertop use.
It has a 650-watt heater that brews 5 cups of the most delicious coffee in just 5 minutes! The electric rating is 120 volts.
Its temperature range is 200°F to 205°F. It is able to attain temperature precision, which makes it superior over most 4 and 5 cup coffee brewers.
The carafe is made of glass and on it sits a cone-shaped drip filter.
It has a water reservoir that is concealed and fitted with an auto-warm feature for convenience. The water reservoir is also removable.
Zojirushi EC-DAC50 coffeemaker is further designed with a charcoal water filter that can be replaced.
What's more, the coffeemaker is cULus listed, which guarantees the users of quality.
It is sold with an instruction manual that is written in English, Traditional Chinese, and Korean for user convenience. This means that anyone could use the coffeemaker easily.
With every purchase, you will get to enjoy a 1-year limited warranty.
The Pros of Zojirushi EC-DAC50
- It will brew scrumptious coffee in just 5 minutes.
- The reservoir can be removed for ease of cleaning.
- It features a simple design that is stylish in just about any kitchen.
- It comes in measurement markings that are simple to read.
- It has a dripper within the carafe to prevent any coffee leaks, drips, or spills.
- It has an automatic keep warm feature that gives it a heat retention ability.
- It utilizes maximal compactness, which means that it will occupy just a small space on your countertop.
The Cons of Zojirushi EC-DAC50
- It has no programmable features, especially when it comes to the timer.
- considering it is made of plastic and serves only 5 cups.
- The handle is designed in a single-band, which makes it a bit weak.
- the coffee could be a little hotter for their taste.
- an auto-shut function would come in handy for operability.
TECHNIQUES, TIPS, AND TRICKS
Like most other coffeemakers in the market, Zojirushi EC-DAC50 is sensitive to residue buildup. This is why it comes with a removable water reservoir for ease of cleaning. This will give your coffee a great taste while enhancing the longevity of the machine.
To make a pleasant-tasting cup of coffee with this coffeemaker, you will need to use already ground coffee beans. This means that some users might find the coffeemaker too simplistic for their taste.
You should remove the charcoal water filter to enhance its usability. If used normally, it can last up to 2 years. This ensures that your coffee is clean and tasty all the time.
With its sight gauge, you will be able to see the level of water used and prevent unnecessary spills. This will help you keep your kitchen clean and ensure that your appliance can serve you for a long time.
All the parts of the Zojirushi EC-DAC50 are dishwasher safe. As such, you do not need to worry about cleaning the equipment. However, you should place them on the top rack for safety purposes.
COMPARISON TO SIMILAR PRODUCTS
1. Mr.Coffee 5-Cup Coffee Maker comes at a much lower price and has an auto-pause feature that is missing in Zojirushi EC-DAC50. It also has a 1-hour automatic shutoff, and it eliminates cases of overflow because it comes in a dual water window.
2. Kenmore Elite 76772 is also cheaper than Zojirushi EC-DAC50 is. What's more, it serves 12 cups and is made of stainless steel for guaranteed durability as well as aesthetics. Its handle provides a great grip and is strong. It brews great-tasting coffee thanks to its charcoal water filtration. It is sustainable since the gold-tone filter basket is reusable. Another added feature is that it comes with a 5-year warranty. It is also designed with a 24-hour programmable timer.
3. For a few more bucks, you will get to enjoy the BLACK+DECKER DCM600B, which also serves 5 coffee cups. Its carafe plate is nonstick while the other items are made of plastic. It has a cord storage and water level indicator. It has a super sturdy handle that is highly dependable. It also features a removable filter basket that is dishwasher safe for ease of washing. It is also compact and comes in a sleek design.
4. Unlike Zojirushi EC-DAC50, Cuisinart DCC-450BK serves 4 cups and its carafe is made of stainless steel. This coffeemaker comes with a drip-less pour spout as well as a knuckle guard. It has a brew pause feature that allows you to stop the brewing and pour a cup out. It has an indicator light that shows it is on and a 30-minute automatic shutoff. It is compact like the Zojirushi EC-DAC50, implying that it will only occupy a limited space on your kitchen counter.
Based on our Zojirushi EC-DAC50 review, we can say that it is a stylish coffee maker. Although it is not feature-loaded and may not be the most stylish in the market, its uniqueness has attracted a number of users.
It comes with a removable reservoir to help you clean and maintain it easily. It also has a dripper that keeps your coffee from spilling. These features are lacking in most of the competing brands.
Zojirushi EC-DAC50 only serves 5 cups of sweet-tasting coffee, which means that it might not be the best coffeemaker for larger gatherings.
Overall, we would say that this simple, stylish, and reliable coffeemaker is worth buying!
My name is Kathy Gallo, Editor of Ag Ferrari, a Coffee buff. The guide you find here is designed exactly for you, and it is our hope that you find it not only interesting but also actionable.